MY BLOG PAGES

Wednesday, 20 July 2011

DRAGONFLIES

Good morning everyone

Today is a dull grey miserable day but im feeling good.
I have a dragonfly card to show for you today and hope it brings cheer to you today. I have typed the recipie below



I took some distress inks and splodged them onto a piece of plastic and then rubbed my cardstock over it to form a random coloured backing. this card was then put through in a cuttlebug embossing folder in my big shot. I had to do this 4 times to get the size that i required to cover the card stock i decided to use. i then rubbed a purple distress ink dusty condord  over the top which picked up on the highlighted embossed areas. This was then applied to the card base with pinflair to ensure it stuck tight. i edged it all in pinflair flexi bend peel offs. Next i took another piece of glossy card stock and coverd it in alcohol inks clover and sail boat blue randomly blobbing it around to cover the card. again this went through the big shot using a spellbinders floral embossing die but this time i wanted 
it de-bossed. again 4 times for the size of the area.




The stamp was stamped in archival and dried. the image was coloured with copic markers and then once dry  i added glossy accents to the lillies and  cosmic shimmer twinkles to the dragonflies wings. once all dry i added black bling to the bodies and then set aside. i cut a scallop circle using nestabilities to fit around the image and attached together with finger lift tape.


Next i used glitter card stock in 2 shades blue & pale green plus a plain black card stock and matted and layered them all together. i attached some turquoise ribbon to the back of it then applied it all to the card base.  Next i used a hunkydory card front and cut it in half as it created a brilliant scallop edged card front and attached that on top of the glittered matted area. The alcohol inked area was then cut to size and matted ontop and edged again in peel offs. i then cut a length of a swirly sentiment from a kanban kit and added it to the layered front then lastly added the dragonflied on top. The last effect was to add some bling down the RHS of the front just to give it a little extra sparkle. 


I hope you have a cheery day...

7 comments:

Jackie Randolph said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!! The colors and details are stunning!!

Hugs
Jacki

Unknown said...

Wow what a beautiful card Gill!!!! Very creative!!!! Great job!!!!

LisaG said...

Lovely card Gill!

Like your technical term of "splodged"! haha. Recognise the embossed image and the alcohol inks and the technique! lol

Colours look fab together

Well done.

Lisa xx

The Puppy and Me said...

Really like that water lily stamp x

*CATS* Creations said...

WoW! I just checked out your blog and have become a new follower. I LoVe your dragonfly card it’s beautiful! If you get a minute please come check out my blog. I’m into Paper Sculpting which is similar to paper piecing but it’s a lot more artistically detailed. I would love it if you would become a follower of mine….. http://cat2jona.blogspot.com/

Linda Simpson said...

I LOVE this card, we both have an affinity with butterflies, fairies and dragonflies. I NEED to get my hands on that stamp:)

Anna Ch said...

I love the details ^^. Your dragonflies are GREAT!


Search This Blog

Get your own free Blogoversary button!