MY BLOG PAGES

Thursday, 21 July 2011

SUNFLOWERS

Good morning all - well i hope you are having a better morning than i am. I woke up early this morning, thanks to the black beasts that live in our house so i went downstairs for coffee and my laptop.

I logged on to my emails and then to facebook and OMG what a lot of crap is going on in there and i was faced with some  rudeness from a group im in.  I was added to a new DT this week and was so excited to take part in something new - only to be saddened by the way someone was posting to me - its not like i get paid for the DT work that i do so why on earth am i going to be spoken to in a not so pleasant way - so i left.
Simple - i dont need crap like that.

So to help cheer myself up and for anyone else who is perhaps a little down today and in need of a hug then heres a cheery sunflower card for you.

It is made using Sheena Douglass's sunflower paint fusion stamp image - proving you dont need to just use it for paint fusion.


I have used alcohol inks in stipes onto glossy card stock then matted and layered that onto yellow card and then onto a black card base. I  stamped the image and coloured it with copic markers and used glossy accents to glaze the flower centres. I then cut the image out and mounted it onto the card base using pinflair glue to give it lift. The sentiment was then stamped and again matted and layered and again added to the card base with pinflair. I have then added some buttons to all 4 corners and a small bow for effect.

Sunflowers are such cheery flowers i hope its going to help me cheer up this morning and you too if you are feeling down.

hope you all have a great day.

6 comments:

Debbie T said...

Morning Gill, Hugs for you from me, I agree you dont need any nasty comments from people, walk away and think positive thoughts and carry on. You know what you are like so dont let these people upset you, Hope your day gets better and brighter. Debbie T :)

Lynne B said...

That is so beautiful I really thought it was a ceramic tile at first - fantastically well done! :o) Hope your day improves there's too much nastiness in this world without people adding to it with needless hateful comments! Smile, and make folk wonder what u've been up too hahah! xx

Bunnyfreak said...

Love how you did the alchol ink background. Sorry you had to deal nasty comments. Love the cheery card.

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Gill
Love the sunflower's, please visit my blog you are in for what I hope is a nice surprise :)

Crafty Card Gallery said...

Beautiful card! Sorry about the people :(

Becky Dunham said...

Hey Gill! i am a little behind so did not read this until today, Friday at noon for me so not sure what that means for you :) I am sorry you had a bad experience :( Can't understand some people. I don't know what they said to you, but I hope you feel better. Know that we all love you and think you are the best! I love your work - never have i seen anything of yours that didn't just amaze me! I LOVE the sunflowers by the way :) BIG HUGS to you dear!


Search This Blog

Get your own free Blogoversary button!