"I'd rather be at the beach" blog hop 18-22 May - DAY TWO

Welcome to DAY TWO of "I'd Rather Be At The Beach" Blog Hop running from May 18-22 with different projects and lots of blog candy on offer each day. 

If you have arrived here from Kim’s blog  then you are on the right track. If you are here just browsing around blogland but would like to “hop” along with us then please click HERE to start at Emilys blog.


Click HERE for my day one projects in case you missed it and then read on for  my day two projects


For this card i have used "a little bit sketchy" range of the  toddlers from Sheena Douglass. I am on Sheenas DT where my products usually are shown on the create and craft tv channel.  Anyway the image is coloured in copic sketch markers and cut out. The card base has been covered in biege sand coloured paper. I have then taken a large square piece of card and covered it in randomly ripped up pieces of masking tape and when totally covered i then used various brown distress inks to cover  the tape. Once fully covered i sprayed it with crafters companion stick and stay spray and then sprinkled over gold embossing powder. I then heated the powder and with the glitter content it made it sparkle and look like fancy sand.




Once the fancy sand is completely dry i used my cricut carts to cut out a fancy scallop matt and a twirly flourish, I put the coloured image on top and stuck it down with pinflair glue gel. I then raided my mums bathroom where she has a large shell that contains all beachy type things like seaweed, coral, shells and assorted materials which i applied to the card with pinflair so it was sure to be secure. The other elements like the cloud hearts, the bottle and the sentiment are also from the stamp sheet.
I would also like to enter this fancy sand card into the Patches of Pink link up for this week.

This next card was such fun to create. I have used sand  backing paper and used a beach clothes line stamped image and cut it out close to the edges and coloured in copics. i then attached it to the card with pinflair glue so it is raised up. Ive added a sentiment beach sticker with bling for effect. Sorry but this photos seems a tad blurred, it was ok when i took it initally!

I  hope you like what i have created and id appreciate it if you could leave me a comment. If you do like what you see and wanna see more then id love it if you would become one of my ever growing list of followers. I have blog candy giveaways on a regular basis, I have a RAK, a birthday club and  I also run bi weekly challenges for you to take part in.
Now back to the hop -  my candy offering is a handcrafted jewellery piece that i have made for  this hop and its something you can wear on the beach or at the pool side and look fabby or for a night out and look stunning !

There are a lot of talented crafters on this hop and I hope you enjoy looking through their blog entries.  So now please hop on over to the next blog (http://jackrabbitscrappin.blogspot.com/)   where you will find another lovely creation from Jackie     
               
Here's the lineup in case you get lost along the way:

Make sure you hop along through everyones blogs daily  to see all the inspirational projects and each partipants blog candy offerings .

 Thank you for hopping by, i look forward to reading your comments and i hope you will pop by and hop along again tomorrow.

Comments

JustaFewDesigns said…
Oh goodness!! Your cards are just precious! Love the clothes line! toooooooo cute, I want your stamps! Loving your creations. TFS
Hugs
Elsa
justafewdesigns.blogspot.com
scrappingmamma said…
This is FABULOUS!! Love it so much perfect of loved ones, or little ones on the beach.Thank-you for sharing..
Deborah Foti ~
www.scrappingmamma.net
erickson said…
I like the little boy and girl card and how you put the sand around to frame the picture..cute.TFS
Misty said…
Wonderful projects as usual! Makes me wish for summer!
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net
Josie0602 said…
Sweet card!! I love that stamped image!
Tracy
jtg0398(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
Cathy said…
i love your projects, nice details.
mexicopetshop@hotmail.com
mamawcindy said…
WOW!!! Love your two Cards. The first one with the little Children is my favorite. Reminds me of my two little Grand children. Love the Gold Embossing Powder and the Sparkle. Love It!!!! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com
Sherrie K. said…
Aaaaw, so cute! Lovin it! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
I love your cards!! TOO Cute!

Dana
Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com
Dtarchala@gmail.com
Riet said…
What a gorgeous cards.

Hugs Riet.xx
Barbara B said…
The cards are so precious! I love them
Barbara B
bkb248@gmail.com
Becky Dunham said…
Love these cards Gill! The texture and extra little goodies on the first one are just amazing! Sounds like that sand was a bit of work but well worth it. And that second card - just love the kind of water-colored look to it!

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com
joydee1963 said…
What great cards!! I am a follower, joydee1963 at yahoo dot com
Penny said…
I am a new follower. These are the cutest cards. I love the beach clothes line and all the clothes hanging on it. Perfect beach card. TFS


pennyspad at sbc global dot net
Stacey Brucale said…
The first card is so precious! I follow as squiggles87.

xxsquigglesxx(at)gmail(dot)com
Trisha said…
I love both of your cards. Amazing and creative. Your stamping is so realistic. TFS and the chance to win. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com
Nancy said…
I really loved how you used the glitter on this and the stamps of the toddlers is so cute!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful cards! I am a follower now.

Leslie
tyedyebutterfly1753@yahoo.com
These cards are nothing short of adorable. Your shading is great!
Thanks so much for sharing.

- Dawn
http://designsthatdelight.blogspot.com
designsthatdelight@gmail.com
Anniebee said…
These are adorable! Great job coloring the images too! Very nice work!

Anniebee
anniebeescraftroom.blogspot.com
Linda Dale said…
Wonderful, my favorite is the image of the two children. So adorable.
Doris P. said…
just in awe.. they are so cute.
parkernana5@cox.net
LBrocchi said…
Adorable!! Thanks for sharing!

-Lauren B
lbrocchi (at) gmail (dot) com
thekolbes said…
OMG your cards are amazing I love them. Thanks for sharing. I am a follower
Trish
krazykcrafters at msn dot com
Lisa R. said…
Love these images. great job showcasing them. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com
Emily said…
So so cute! I love the shells! The 2nd is super cute too!!
AmyJRockstar said…
Where do you find the time to make more than one project each day? These are so detailed, it would take me forever! Great job. I love your cards. Happy to be a follower. :0)

XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/
What a fun card - that stamped image is ADORABLE, and your coloring is great!!!

Heather - Patches of Pink Design Team
housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com
Wow! I just can't get over how talented you are Gill!

america57@comcast.net
Kimmarie Baker said…
They are adorable! I love the heart clouds :)

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY - 300 FOLLOWERS

CBGM BLOG SKETCH CHALLENGE #8 - PINK/GREEN WITH FLOWERS

BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY - 200 FOLLOWERS