Hello everyone, and welcome to day 2 of the The Home Decor 3 day BLOG HOP
If you have arrived here from Jen R's blog then you are on the right track. If you are here just browsing around (thank you), but would like to “hop” along with us then please start back at Faiths blog for the day one project.
http://faithfulecreations.wordpress.com/
http://faithfulecreations.wordpress.com/
The theme for this hop is Home Decor so our projects had to be creations for such.
Here is the first of my day two project – a wall hanging.
What i have done to create this project is decide on the main theme – in this case its cats !!! i printed off some cat images from a papercrafting cd that i had and decided on how many separate hanging pieces i would need so printed enough cats to fit one on each side. My creation has 5 ovals so thats 10 cat images.
I then carefully cut out these images in a complete oval shape – you could use a punch or a die cutting machine if you had one. I took cardboard – the back of old notebooks are good – and attached 5 of the cats to the cardboard and again cut them out – this created a good backing support for the oval hangers. I spaced out the 5 ovals on the floor to work out how long i had wanted the hanging decoration to be then measured out enough chain to go from a loop at the top all the way to the bottom oval so as to have 2 inches spacing between ovals. I created a loop at the top of the chain and then attached the chain with pinflair glue all the way down the oval centres. I left this overnight to dry.
The next day i measured out enough ribbon to go in pleats around each oval and attached this with pinflair glue to the underside of the ovals that now had the chain attached. The last oval in the hanging had extra folded ribbon attached to the bottom of it like the ends of a rosette, to finish it off. Again left this to dry overnight as the ribbon had to be held in place with clothes pegs to make sure it stayed put !
The next day i then covered the other 5 remaining ovals in pinflair glue – extra glue this time – and then attached them to the ovals with the ribbons.
Job done! The tester was making sure it hung up successfully without anything falling apart. If this happens apply more glue – i think the secret to creating one of these projects is use a lot of glue – its better to use more than to use not enough and have it fall apart.
You could embellish each oval with glitter or bling depending on what the images were but for this project i have kept it to the plain toppers that i printed off.
Now for my next project which is a handpainted and decorated mannequin ornament.
I hope you like what i have created and shown you over the past 2 days and will return for day three tomorrow.
I would appreciate it if you could leave me a comment. If you do like what you see and wanna see more then id love it if you would become one of my ever growing list of followers.
I have blog candy giveaways on a regular basis and I also run bi weekly challenges and a RAK club for you to take part in.
Now back to the hop - there are a lot of talented crafty women on this hop and I hope you enjoy looking through their blog entries. So now please hop on over to the next blog http://swandog-4scraps.blogspot.com/ where you will find another lovely creation from Lori.
There is blog candy being offered along this hop - so please make sure you check out everyones hop stops.
Thank you for hopping by today, i look forward to reading your comments and seeing you back here again for my day 3 project. To catch up with day ones project click HERE



14 comments:
Once again a gorgeous project. I just love the images and colors. I always love coming her to see what you have created and am never disappointed.
Gill this is SOOOOOOOOOO awesome!!!! You may get more views to this project if you put a link in your first post saying "If you're looking for day 2 of the Home Decor Hop click here."
So glad to have you in this hop with me!
Very cute. So glad I found your blog. Can't wait to see what's next
what a great idea! i love the theme AND the colors! thank you!
I love cats and I love this project-----it is so cute.
Thanks, Anita
amc35045@bellsouth.net
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
How adorable. Thanks so much for sharing,
Trish
krazykcrafters at msn dot com
Adorable!!! Thanks for sharing!
scrappingwithstephanie.blogspot.com
Another great project.
Another great project. You could easily make a new one for every time you need something fresh.
Very cute!
Thanks so much for sharing!!!
~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com
Beautiful project, love the pleated ribbon of each of them.
Kathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom
awww, this is really adorable, love all your projects.
Already a follower of your blog
TFS
Bonnie
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove at aol dot com
This is so cute, Gill! I really like the creative way you assembled it so that the chain doesn't show except between the ovals. Nice work!
Anne
anniebeescraftroom at gmail dot com
Post a Comment